OEM & Technician Information Section
This section is devoted to bringing up to date information to the OEM, Installer or Mechanic that is installing or repairing our equipment. Please contact us with any questions you might have.
We have an extensive library of service and installation guides at our disposal and I will update the site and time goes on and new information becomes available.
Where do I send my Whelen Warranty Repairs? Click this link to find out
Replacement Bulb Chart - 2012
- 2003-2008 MODIFIERS GUIDES NOW UPLOADED – 2008 Added 6/07
- DODGE DURANGO – CENTER CONSOLE / AIRBAG ISSUES – 81kb
- FHP Service Bulletin for Vehicle Partitions – 90KB
- HAVIS TRUNK TRAY – 2003 UPDATE – 190K
- FORD CVPI APPROVED TRUNK INSTALL LOCATIONS- 1.91mb
- Taillight Flasher WARNING! – Read This! – 678
- Install Guide – Click Here
- Wire Gauge Size Reference Chart – 238kb
- Understanding Relays (The Basics) – 94kb
- SAE Terms and Definitions – 102k
- Lighthead, Advisor, Etc. – Timing Diagrams – 306kb
STROBE & GENERAL TROUBLESHOOTING:
- STROBE TROUBLESHOOTING GUIDE – 145kb
- Retrofit guide for now strobe power supplies in old lightbars.
- ULTRA Series Lightbar – Power Supply Location Chart – 47.8k
B-LINK & SERIAL CONTROL INFORMATION:
- B-Link Relay Diagram for Aux In/Out Cutoff – 35kb
- B-Link – Diagnostic Problem when using LED Lightheads – Diagnostic mode will fail lighthead or accessory due to low amp draw. Solution: Disable diagnostic mode on BL-405 – Dip switch #7 & 8 – See attached – 57kb
SPECIAL TOOLS SECTION – Crimpers, Extractors etc.
This is by far the most expensive crimper on the market – But it is worth the money
It is an automatic/ratchet type crimper and works extremely well.
- Step Drill for Corner Strobes – See picture – Click here
- HOW TO CRIMP – Handbook! – Read it! – 3.48mb
- CRIMP Quality Handbook – 1.07mb
- ALL CRIMPER & EXTRACTOR PART NUMBERS HAVE BEEN REVISED – 115kb .pdf File
- EXTRACTION TOOL SPECIFICATION AND PROPER USE! – DOWNLOAD IT – 96kb
- INSTRUCTION GUIDE WITH PART NUMBERS – 85kb
|Also if you are an active installer and have questions for fellow installers please visit:|